Bridgeman Cemetery Information & Policies
Bridgeman Cemetery land donated
by Jesse Monroe Barnett
Bridgeman Cemetery land was donated in the vicinity of 1886 by Jesse Monroe Barnett (a civil war vet). At this time there was no township organization, therefore, no deed was made out. The Barnett’s continued to pay the taxes on the land until 1932 when it was recorded and a deed was made out to May Township.
Enoch Manning, Jesse Monroe Barnett’s father-in-law, was the first person buried here. Mary, wife of Allen R Bryant, has one of the oldest stones in the cemetery, approximately 05.24.1888. There are many graves marked with an actual “stone”. The “stones” are still in place today and respected as a marker of a burial site.